[TYPO3-core] RFC: #4361 - hook request in class.db_list.inc

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Nov 14 15:51:15 CET 2006

Michael Stucki schrieb:

> This is a SVN patch request.
>
> Problem:
> "With the release of typo3_src-4.0 we have enhanced the service-table in
> extension 'civserv' with ws_versioning.
>
> Therefore have introduced a hook in typo3/class.db_list.inc in the
> makeQueryArray subroutine. We would now like to ask for this hook to be
> added to the official TYPO3 distribution."
>
> Solution:
>
> Branches: TYPO3_4-0 and Trunk

Again I think it is waste to look through the hook registry in one place
(top of function) creating $hookObjectsArr and then loop again through
this array when you want to use the hook. Why not loop through the
registry in the place where it is being used?

Anyway, for the hook itself I see nothing against it, so +1 for the
patch (trunk and TYPO3_4-0).

> - Send parameters directly, compile autogenerated values into an additional
>   $_params array.

Seems reasonable.

> Obviously there is no description about how hooks have to be written. I
> think that would make sense. Is anybody willing to write a proposal?

Would be useful, true.

Cheers,
Ernesto