[TYPO3-core] RFC: #2278 -

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Nov 7 14:50:57 CET 2006

Hi!

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> It is not just a matter of the core team testing it, because our team
> cannot cover all possible environments where TYPO3 runs. I don't run any
> IIS or Windows/Apache or any other constelation that might potentially
> be dangerous.

I have both ;)

> And I am certain that you know what you are doing when you
> run your web servers, but there are lots of people out there that just
> have to "trust" that it works on their servers (shared hosting
> enviroments, servers managed by service providers, etc), and we should
> not make their lifes harder.

Well, we cannot test all changes in all these environment. There were
much more critical things in 4.x branches...

> Which is why I think this is a good candidate for the 4.1 series. You
> still need +1's for that? If so, I can allocate some time to test it.

No, it is in trunk already. I though it could go to 4.0 as well because
it does not add new features but speeds up the whole BE a lot. This is
what many clients ask. Noone likes to wait while same images reload each
time.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/