[TYPO3-core] RFC: #2278 -

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Nov 7 14:35:19 CET 2006

Martin Kutschker schrieb:

>>> Still this would not speak against adding new TypoScript attributes to a
>>> patch-level version. That's why I am still raising the question if hooks
>>> should be allowed for these versions or not?
>>
>> I think it's alright to add them to patchlevel versions, but I don't
>> care too much.
>
> There are many potential new features that will do no harm. So I'm not
> sure why there should be an exemption for hooks.

I am certain that if you point out some new feature that might do "no
harm", I am sure we will be able to agree on that.

I wouldn't be so fixed on the terms "new feature" vs "bug fix", but more
on the "potential to harm an existing installation" (harm being not only
that it "breaks" a site, but also that it behaves in a way that is not
expected by the user).

Cheers,
Ernesto