[TYPO3-core] RFC: Treat symlinks as executable

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Nov 7 13:18:46 CET 2006

Martin Kutschker wrote:

>> technically I agree with your solution, but practically this is just a
>> slowdown of the process, isn't it?
>
> Every check is a slowdown, but why bother checking if it's executable if
> you don't do it right. You could skip the whole check. If it isn't
> executable your OS will tell you early enough ;-)

Seriously, I was already thinking about doing this, because the whole
feature requires that the binary program path is specified within the
open_basedir.

So I wonder if it really hurts to skip the check and just execute the
program? What else fails besides that there is no output content?

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out