[TYPO3-core] RFC: RTE magick images have a doublefile extension

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Nov 6 14:27:12 CET 2006

Martin Kutschker schrieb:

>> So moving those RTEmagicP files to typo3temp could be risky.
>
> Well, if we need those files then everythings is ok. Personally I would
> like it better if RTE used separate directories for this but I won't go
> and try a backwards-compatible change.

Agreed.

>> Maybe we could move the *RTEmagicC* files (the resized ones) to
>> typo3temp, just like we do on other frontend transformations
>> (typo3temp/pics/), as those could be recreated from RTEmagicP on demand.
>
> When would be the moment to recreate them? It'll have to be a function
> that transforms RTE db content to FE ready HTML content. I fear this is
> much too complex.

Yes, I fear that too.

You only seemed to have touched the code that first creates the files in
the "uploads/" file (which is done by RTE itself, because the content
element won't be saved at this point, so no RTE-transformation will be
called).

Later (and on every "save" of the content element) they will be checked
and eventually resized by the ts_images transformation
(t3lib_parsehtml_proc::TS_images_db), which just "knows" about the RTE
files, but doesn't care where they originally came from.

So maybe you just need to check the TS_images_db code to see where they
expect to see the double-extensions and do your patch.

Cheers,
Ernesto