[TYPO3-core] RFC: Fix sys_refindex problem when using multiplyDBfieldSize=2

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Mon Nov 6 11:40:36 CET 2006

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>
>> Attached is a diff that does this. If a CHAR/VARCHAR becomes a TEXT,
>> then all occurences in index definitions are changed so that Mysql
>> will get a correct index prefix for that field.
>>
>> With this patch we may remove the '(199)' in the index of sys_refindex.
>
> While I like the idea in general, I cannot check patch this week :(

Have a look at http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4395.

Here I explain a bit about index lenght restrictions of Mysql (1000 bytes)
and the problems with UTF8 (Mysql uses 3 bytes for every character which
will eat up space in your index).

To overcome the specific problem with index KEY bk_realurl02 you could
force the columns or the complete table to latin1 as neither tables nor
aliases may contain anything but ASCII.

This forces DBAL to remove any charset option in the CREATE statement. But
this is probably easier than fiddling with the lenght restrictions in

Masi