[TYPO3-core] RFC: Fix sys_refindex problem when using multiplyDBfieldSize=2

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Sat Nov 4 23:10:26 CET 2006

Hi.

On 03.11.2006, at 14:25, Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Michael Stucki schrieb:
>> Additionally I had to add support for such key definitions in the
>> database
>> parser of t3lib_install.
>
> This breaks in 4.0.2 and DBAL (with PostgreSQL 7.4). With DBAL the SQL
> parser chokes on the TABLE definition.

I had Stuckis email marked, and confirmed the problem last week when
installing on Oracle once again. Sorry for not being able to check my
assumption earlier! Thanks Martin for pointing this out.

> And mind that length constrictions are not standard SQL!

Yes, it'll open a can of worms, I fear.

> Maybe we should simply drop multiplyDBfieldSize and require a DB with
> proper UTF8 support.

My favourite, but probably had to get acceptance for here and in the
community.

Regards,
Karsten
--