[TYPO3-core] RFC: Fix sys_refindex problem when using multiplyDBfieldSize=2

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Fri Nov 3 14:25:41 CET 2006

Michael Stucki schrieb:
> This is a SVN patch request.
>
> Problem:
> When using multiplyDBfieldSize=2 the whole sys_refindex table cannot be
> created.
>
> The reason for this is that the field "ref_string" is part of the key
> "lookup_string". The field is defined to be varchar(200), and this is where
> the problem occurs:
> multiplyDBfieldSize=2 changes the field type to "text", and since text fields
> have no size limitation, it cannot be part of the key.
>
> Solution:
> Define the key to be only 199 characters long. For some reason it didn't work
> with a length of 200 chars.
>
> Additionally I had to add support for such key definitions in the database
> parser of t3lib_install.
>
> Branches:
> TYPO3_4-0 / Trunk

This breaks in 4.0.2 and DBAL (with PostgreSQL 7.4). With DBAL the SQL
parser chokes on the TABLE definition.

And mind that length constrictions are not standard SQL! PostgreSQL has no
support for this (you have to use an expression for this). Does ADOdb
support such things?

Maybe we should simply drop multiplyDBfieldSize and require a DB with
proper UTF8 support.

Masi