[TYPO3-core] UTF-8 in file names

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Wed Nov 1 14:46:46 CET 2006

Karsten Dambekalns schrieb:
> Hi.
>
> On 30.10.2006, at 22:38, Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> I didn't investigate this issue further as I think this is the same
>> errors as with UTF8 labels of recorss.
>
> Probably. I though those were fixed. Hm. No?
>
>> Hm, worked for me with images *sigh*
>
> Well, then I don't need to test that, at least. :)

Ok, I dorked the extension and forget to include some of my local
changes :-(

CE image and filelinks work now in the BE (element wizard and upload).
In FE images are ok, but filelinks not.

>>> When linking using the RTE I get this link target in the source:
>>>  fileadmin/Faili/Test%C4%93%C5%A1anai/garumz%C4%ABmes.txt
>>> resulting in this URL in the address bar of FF 1.5.0.7 after clicking:
>>>  fileadmin/Faili/Test%C4%93%C5%A1anai/garumz%C4%ABmes.txt
>>
>> Oh, didn't test RTE at all :-(
>
> How must the URL look, to be served correctly?

Well, the filename must be in UTF8 and use the % escapes. But as TYPO3
does some conversions, I have to dig up the places where it is just one
conversion too many :-(

Plain images work for me in RTE, magic don't (probably easy to fix). But
I'm a bit worried that filelinks are broken.

Masi