[TYPO3-core] RFC: fix problems with uname (#3326)

rupert germann rupi at gmx.li
Thu May 18 19:47:06 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 17 May 2006 20:37, Martin Kutschker wrote:
> rupert germann schrieb:
> > Hi Masi,
> >
> > I tried to test this but the only older php version I found was a 4.1.2
> > on a windows machine. On this machine I was not able to log in the
> > BackEnd with TYPO3 4.0 at all (no error message it simply reloads the
> > login screen, the install tool worked fine)
>
> With or without the patch?

both.
I investigated this a bit further:
with php 4.1.2 (windows) I can't login in the BE of TYPO3 since version 3.8.x.
If I set var $challengeStoredInCookie to FALSE in class t3lib_beuserauth I am
able to login in version 3.8.1 (where everything seems to work) and also in
version 4.0. But in TYPO3 version 4.0 the extentension manager gives me
an "internal server error" (php memory is set to 64 MB)
possibly related to this bug:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=3069

but this all seems not to be related to your patch ;-)

> > So, what actually is the lowest PHP version we require for 4.0?
> > the readme-txt says "...is based upon PHP4..." no version information.
>
> Good question. I only remember 4.1.x, but have no idea what x is.
>
> I think this should be mentioned in a "requirements" sectoin within
> "downloads" on typo3.org

yes.
is some else running TYPO3 4.0 on f.e. debian woody with php 4.1.2 ?

Now to your patch. I did a kind of unit test for the function getHostname() on
the php 4.1.2 installation and can confirm that it always returns a correct
FQDN so I think we can assume that it works on newer PHP versions, too.

+1

greets
rupert