[TYPO3-core] CVS Problems

Sebastian Kurfuerst sebastian at garbage-group.de
Thu May 18 15:32:41 CEST 2006

Hi Michael,
> Slightly OT, but could you elaborate on why mantis is better suited for
> us than trac would be? Apart from the fact that mantis is working now ;)

I can try, but I am not sure you'll get my point ;) I think trac is nice
because of the SVN integration, and the integrated wiki, and the linking
between these parts... No doubt about that.
However, what I don't like, is the Bug tracking interface... I just
checked the trac installation from edgewall (projects.edgewall.com/trac
- the trac developers) and played with it a bit...
When clicking "view tickets" I first have to select the view I want to
have. To me, this is completely superfluous - I wanna view the bugs -
not think about what "view" I need now. Then, I have the list, by
default ordered by priority - which I dislike - I want to have it as it
is, I wanna see changed issues on top, and they should be marked
somehow, too as I wanna stay informed.

Btw - I am not sure, is it possible to have a detailed user-rights
management like we have with mantis? That is a big benefit IMO... And I
didn't check how different projects work in _one_ trac installation - I
didn't see how it should be easily possible - not talking about
different categorys per project or nested projects.

I hope this is not seen as a rant against trac, but I think mantis is
for such a big project like TYPO3 just much better suited.
> I hope your exams are going well.

I hope so, too ;) Now I only have one oral exam left in Geography :-)

Greets, Sebastian