[TYPO3-core] RFC: Fix bug #3138: css_styled_content margin bug

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed May 17 12:03:58 CEST 2006

Martin Kutschker schrieb am 17.05.2006 11:10:

> Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
>> Solution:
>>     For Firefox/Gecko we set a margin-left on the text block so that
>>     it is aligned right to the images-floated-block. This was not
>>     regarding the text-margin which was added in RC3. As this is
>>     done in TypoScript, I added a new register that includes the
>>     image block width and also the text-margin.

> "rowwidthwithtextmargin"? argh!
> How about "rowwidthplustextmargin" or simple "rowwidthtextmargin"?
>
> Ok, it's only registers but the readability of "rowwdith" is not very
> good. Please, let's use interCaps for registers as well: "rowWidth"

I agree, but the "rowwidth" register is already been used since RC2, I
wouldn't want to change that now and break backwards-compatibility.

So I changed my patch so that there isn't the need for such a bizarre
register anymore. The plugin now just sets the registers "rowwidth" and
"textMargin". TS-setup is what calculates the margins at the place where
they are actually being used (in the two "nowrap" layouts).

> But anyway +1

Thanks. But please review the new attached patch.

> Note: don't add the Changelog to your diff.
> Tip: create the Changelog entry when the path got the ok.

I don't understand why? I would also like people to review my changelog
entry before I commit it to CVS. Or is there any reason not to have it
in the diff?

Cheers,
Ernesto