[TYPO3-core] RFC: Fix bug #1153 again: Adding parameters is notalways expected

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Thu May 11 15:11:25 CEST 2006

Karsten Dambekalns schrieb:
> Hi Martin.
>
> I faintly remembered this topic, now I was working on an old site again and
> wanted to point out, that....
>
> On Wednesday 19 April 2006 09:26, Martin Kutschker wrote:
>
>>>To me, altUrl means that a new, complete url will be provided by the
>>>property.
>>
>>But the problem in 3.8.x (and before) was that this new URL had NO
>>parameters at all. At least I didn't figure out how to get any of the image
>>options - not even the image itself. So to me altURL was compeletely
>>useless and I resorted to XCLASSing.
>

> the extension "dh_popupimg_caption" is a live example of how this is used -
> and it uses the given image. Maybe ot helps...

How shall this help?

The topic was that 4.0 has an improvement which is not quite backwards
compatible.

Michael provided a patch with a TS-config that enables the old behaviour. I
have asked for a patch that reverts to the old behavior but adds a
TS-config that enables the new behaviour. I think that Stanislas agreed
with me.

But nobody +1'ed Michael's patch and nobody wrote a patch with the
suggested change.

Masi