[TYPO3-core] CVS Problems

Peter Niederlag peter at niederlag.de
Wed May 10 12:47:55 CEST 2006

Hi,

Michael Stucki schrieb:
> Hi Andreas,
[...]
> I suggest someone who is interested in this explains the pros and contras of
> both solutions so we can make a decision quickly.

trac is usd by a lot of projects, while I like it very much to me it
seems that mantis is better suited for now as bugtracker for TYPO3. I
had a discussion on this matter with sebkur as well. IMO no real
need/pressure/enough benefits for a switch from mantis.

When it comes to pure subversion-hosting (or cvs) I think it is not very
much of work (which I'd like to take responsibity vey much) but since SF
in general seems pretty stable I am not very sure if it is worth the hassle.

BTW: Is anybody keeping a SF-independant backup of the CVS? I noticed on
SF that keeping backups is recommended. So far everything worked out
very nice but IMO it would be wise to rsync the Rep to some SF
independet server for additional private backup.

Greets,
Peter
--
Peter Niederlag * Neuer Sandberg 9 * 31535 Neustadt *
Fon (privat): 05036 / 924 100 * Fon (Büro): 05036 / 924 101