[TYPO3-core] RFC: fix problems with uname (#3326)

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Mon May 8 21:24:33 CEST 2006

Hi!

Patch request for HEAD and TYPO3_4-0

Problem:

php_uname() takes a parameter, which - although not mentioned in the docs) - is not supported in PHP versions earlier than 4.3. There is a report of a misfunction in 4.4.2, which I could not confirm. The effect is the same: instead of the host name, we get the full info string. It's not possible to deduce the host name from this string.

This affects the sysLog-feature in CLI-mode and HTML-mails.

Solution:

Create a unfied function for getting the FQDN of the host name and use it in both occurences.
This solution has no cure for a broken php_uname but it doesn't produce PHP errors. Using $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] should avoid the problem altogether when not in CLI-mode.

Note:

The patch also changes the logging from <protocol>://<request-hostame> to <protocol>://<request-hostame>/<site-path> (TYPO3_SITE_URL instead of TYPO3_REQUEST_HOST).

Masi