[TYPO3-core] EM and TER2

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Mon May 8 13:14:12 CEST 2006

Hi Robert.

On Monday 08 May 2006 11:38, Robert Lemke wrote:
> Am 08.05.2006 um 10:08 schrieb Martin Kutschker:
> > Is anything going to happen for 4.0? It seems that quite a number
> > of people have problems with low (and not so low) memory limits.

Yes!

Sorry for being quiet so long, but I was (and still am) swamped in work. I
meanwhile read the TER2-animals-thread and will comment on it soon, too.

There are a few things in the pipeline with respect to TER2.

> Later this week I will modify the TER in a way that it provides an
> "extensions.dat" file additionally to the "extensions.xml.gz". Then
> Karsten or someoneelse can modify the EM in way that it downloads the
> extensions.dat (containing a serialized array) instead of the
> extensions.xml.gz and our memory problems should be gone.

Could we synchronize that? I write the gzipped serialzed array into
extensions.bin, so it would be cool if you could write the same file. That
way we'd have a "common language" about this.

The modification itself would be a minor one, it seems.

Regards
Karsten
--
Karsten Dambekalns