[TYPO3-core] EM and TER2

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Mon May 8 11:38:48 CEST 2006

Hi Masi,

Am 08.05.2006 um 10:08 schrieb Martin Kutschker:

> Is anything going to happen for 4.0? It seems that quite a number
> of people
> have problems with low (and not so low) memory limits.
>
> There are various fixes and new approaches for delivering the
> extension
> list to the client. Some are workarounds, but some are IMHO good
> suggestions for the whole mechansism.

Later this week I will modify the TER in a way that it provides an
"extensions.dat" file additionally to the "extensions.xml.gz". Then
Karsten or someoneelse can modify the EM in way that it downloads the
extensions.dat (containing a serialized array) instead of the
extensions.xml.gz and our memory problems should be gone.

I suggest that we still provide the extensions.xml.gz file for other
purposes.

Would that help?

Cheers,
robert

--
Robert Lemke
TYPO3 Association - Research & Development