[TYPO3-core] Correction to charset setting in t3lib_htmlmail

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Fri Jun 30 16:13:45 CEST 2006

Martin Kutschker schrieb:

>> Stanislas Rolland schrieb:
>>
>>> Martin Kutschker a écrit :
>>> [...]
>>>>

>>> Here is a new version of the patch.
>>>
>>> I agree with you that if metaCharset is different than renderCharset,
>>> the script that invokes t3lib_htmlmail needs to apply the conversion to
>>> the content of the mail, since t3lib_htmlmail does not take care of this
>>> conversion as I think it should. Perhaps this would require an
>>> additional patch.
>>

>> Well, +1. But I still think TSFE->renderCharset is the more correct
>> version. Since I have no idea how many sites really use different
>> charsets, I have to admit this version is better than the current
>> situation.
>

> Looking at the related bug #3600 it should become clear that
> TSFE->renderCharset is the only correct version. Only when you use it
> mail header and mail body will have a matching charset.

I counted Stanislas submission and Franz +1 as two +1 and have commited
(with and added ; which was missing) the patch.

Unfortunately nobody took part in the discussion metaCharset/renderCharset.
Both a probably the same for 99% of all cases, but when they are not IMHO
the data supplied to it will be in renderCharset (the one TYPO3 uses for
processing *all* data). So I used this value for commit.

If anybody is unhappy with this decision I suggest we go and ask Kasper for
his opinion. He has made up all the meta/render-charset stuff :-)

Masi