[TYPO3-core] RFC: #3391 HTML-Source in Error-Pages not valid (FE)

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Jun 28 21:16:48 CEST 2006

Martin Kutschker schrieb am 28.06.2006 14:16:

>> Solution:
>>
>> Attached patch changes that error page to be valid XHTML 1.1. It also
>> moves from the table layout to some CSS-styling (this is the also what
>> Apache does in its error messages).
>
> Fine. But is it guaranteed the messages are in UTF-8?

I checked the core and the error message might appear when calling one
of the following functions:

TSFE->printError
TSFE->pageNotFoundAndExit
TSFE->pageNotFoundHandler

I then checked the callers of those in the core and RealURL and noticed
that we have plain english strings in all places. So I guess we are
pretty UTF-8 safe, as we are even 7bit-ASCII-safe.

So I'll commit that to HEAD and 4_0, as I think this is a bugfix. While
4.0.1 isn't released, it won't hurt to fix as much as we can. ;)

Cheers,
Ernesto