[TYPO3-core] RFC: fix bug #3427 - config.spamProtectEmailAddresses may garble mail link

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Jun 28 21:01:37 CEST 2006

Martin Kutschker schrieb am 28.06.2006 16:30:

>> Type: bugfix
>> Branch: HEAD, TYPO3_4-0
>>
>> Problem: When you use -3 and -5 for protection then the code will
>> shift the mail link characters in such a way that the mail link is
>> unusable.
>>
>> Solution:
>>
>> Instead of doing a plain shift to the left or right make the shift
>> circle within a given character range. The code uses the three main
>> areas of ASCII that are used in mail addresses:
>>
>> 0-9 . , - + / :
>> A-Z @
>> a-z
>>
>> The new code accepts also -10 to 10 (instead of -5 to 5).

> Sorry for the wrong patch. I thought about renaming linkTo_UnCryptMailto
> (there is no word "uncrypt") but I don't do know. So only pagegen is
> affected.

I think this patch is still incomplete. The new patch changes
class.tslib_pagegen.php which generates the Javascript to decrypt the
string. I also added the change from your first patch
(class.tslib_content.php), which calls "decryptLink" instead of
"linkTo_UnCryptMailto". But I see no changes to the
$GLOBALS['TSFE']->encryptEmail function, which seems critical for this
change, as it is still generating the buggy shifted version.

So could you please provide one simple patch that contains all necessary
changes to current CVS, so that we can test it?

Cheers,
Ernesto