[TYPO3-core] RFC: Fix FE user login for DBAL

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Wed Jun 28 18:37:32 CEST 2006

Karsten Dambekalns schrieb:
> Hi.
>
> On Wednesday 28 June 2006 16:44, Martin Kutschker wrote:
>
>>BTW, I just talked to a dev who thinks this is reasonable...
>

> Wow. Can he give some good reasons for that thought?

He argues that you don't need a column that can take an empty string as a
content. If you mean empty you should use NULL. He says that it is no real
problem because the API is most likely to turn NULL into '' for the target
language.

> Incredible... is he  working for Oracle? :)

No, but he is working with Oracle DBs for years. So I guess he's just used
to it.

Masi