[TYPO3-core] RFC: #3258+3416+3005 various css_styled_content fixes (IMGTEXT)

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Jun 27 16:40:13 CEST 2006

This is a CVS patch request

Type:      Bugfixes

- http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=3258
- http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=3416

Branches:  HEAD and TYPO3_4-0

Issues:

There are several issues pending to be solved in the css_styled_content
IMGTEXT implementation. Those are kind of "critical" for 4.0.1, so I
would love to see that commited as soon as its properly reviewed. The bugs:

#3005: captionSplit.cObject (used in "content(default)") from IMGTEXT
was marked as deprecated but also removed in 4.0. Patch brings this
functionality back, because it might be used by some TS-code that uses
IMGTEXT directly (e.g. current "content(default)".

#3258: rendering issues (wrong width calculation) in case of noRows
settings. Both problems reported can be confirmed as described. If you
need some scenario to test it, I can create a small how-to.

#3416: First caption doubled. Simply install 4.0 and switch the
"renderMethod" of tt_content.image to "table". Captions are wrong then.
Patch fixes this, by creating and using a new register. I won't touch
the "IMG_NUMBER" register, because it might being used like it is now by
some random code. I could not find any use of it.

File:

Attached patch should solve all three issues.

Cheers,
Ernesto