[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug 2462: dummy-package misses some typo3temp directories

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Thu Jun 8 11:12:27 CEST 2006

Hi!

Michael Stucki wrote:
> Of course it does, but did you know that you can create the dummysite
> structure without having the dummysite archive? It's just a set of
> directories and files that have to be created. In this case it is a lot
> better when directories are created on demand.

Why do you need PHP? :) It is possible to program in machine codes! :)))

I am joking of course. Dummy package is very convinient. Since many
directories are always needed, there is no need to create them on
demand, they should be in the package.

> If your TYPO3 can't write to typo3temp/ then you have much bigger problems
> anyway... ;-)

As I wrote, admin could simply forgot to adjust permissions. At least, I
regulary forget it and correct this mistake when install tool tells me ;)

> PS: btw, the problem is just a cosmetical one anyway. If you ignore the error
> messages in the install tool and directly visit the backend or frontend, then
> the directories would be created on demand _already_! The problem was simply
> that this was not done in the install tool, where the error message confuses
> people of course...

I am fine with creating directories on demand but I think they should be
in dummy too.

Dmitry.