[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug 2462: dummy-package misses some typo3temp directories

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Thu Jun 8 10:37:46 CEST 2006

Franz Holzinger schrieb:
> Martin Kutschker a écrit :
>

>>Michael Stucki schrieb:
>>

>>>This is a CVS patch request.
>>>
>>>Problem:
>>>Upon installation of the dummy-4.0b2-package Typo3 complains about some
>>>missing paths within the typo3temp directory.
>>>
>>>Solution:
>>>No need to ship those directories with the dummysite. Instead, just create
>>>them on demand.
>>>

>>Patch looks simple enough for a +1 without testing.
>>
>>But I note that mkdir() and chmod() of t3lib_div::mkdir() don't have an @
>>prepended. IMHO all PHP functions with verbose error reporting should be
>>used with an @ within the Core.
>>

> Why? This would make it harder to find the reason for an error.

Because nothing looks more unprofessional than a plain library error
message unformatted on top of an HTML page followed by the usual "cannot
set headers ..." message.

Those verbose errors were one of the most hack-style inventions of PHP.

So the code should check for the result of t3lib::mkdir() and create a
proper error message.

I think it is sufficient to chage ' directory does not exist' (lines #1719
and #1731) into ' directory does not exist and could not be created' for
the installer.

There is no excuse for not handling an error condition.

Masi