[TYPO3-core] Resolving vs. Closing bugs

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Tue Jun 6 21:00:22 CEST 2006

Franz Holzinger <franz at fholzinger.com> writes on
Tue, 06 Jun 2006 20:55:13 +0200 (METDST):

> Martin Kutschker a écrit :
>

> >Michael Stucki schrieb:
> >

> >>- Future: The correct handling would be that a bugfix once released
> > > should
> >> be set to "closed". This means that after releasing 4.0, all bugs
> > > that were set to "resolved" can now be closed.
> >
> >Please!
> >
> I do not like this, because I did not find a way to list or reopen
> closed bugs again. Therefore it has already happened that I had to
> rewrite the same bug message again and again, because someone had
> closed it already.
> I can only view open and resolved bugs.

Teh submitter should be able to reopen bugs. And as a Core member you should IMHO have some "admin rights" for the bug tracker.

But what shall we do with all the resolved bugs. There are tons of them and they cluuter up the bug tracker. We have some old bugs that are lost in all those resloved ones.

Apropos, I have an idea for another bug hunting party: Bash-the-oldies. The bug tracker has many open bugs that are really old. Let's see if they are still valid (some are yreas old!. If not, close them. Otherwise fix them.

Masi