[TYPO3-core] Resolving vs. Closing bugs

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Jun 6 12:46:03 CEST 2006

Hi all,

in the last two days I've finally come back to this list, read through all
patches and checking what still needs to be done. Great to see how much has
been done in the meanwhile, thanks to everybody who was so active since
then. Great work!

There is one thing that I have noticed in the bugtracker: Many bugs have
been set to "closed" when they have been fixed. In the past however it was
our practice to set them to "resolved". I would like to continue this
handling for the following reasons:

- When a bug has been fixed in CVS, we set it to "resolved" so that people
  can see that it is fixed in the upcoming version

- Closed bugs are by default filtered out: There is a risk that people
  won't find the bug and therefore report duplicate issues more often.

- Future: The correct handling would be that a bugfix once released should
  be set to "closed". This means that after releasing 4.0, all bugs that
  were set to "resolved" can now be closed.
  However, since I don't want to click 1000 times for this, this has not
  been changed yet... (ideas?)

Regards, michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out