[TYPO3-core] SELECTquery() vs exec_SELECTquery()

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Fri Jun 2 10:04:43 CEST 2006

Hi.

On Thursday 01 June 2006 15:17, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> I agree with Martin. Besides, I often use SELECTquery to get query text,
> then log it, then execute. exec_SELECTquery does not let me to do it
> easily.

The last query built is stored in $debug_lastBuiltQuery if you set
$store_lastBuiltQuery to true (when not using DBAL but the native t3lib_db).

If you use DBAL the last query is always in $lastQuery. I'll add the same
behaviour as in the native t3lib_db to the DBAL with the next CVS commit, so
that one can rely on the variables used without DBAL, too.

(Variables above are member variables of the TYPO3_DB object)

Sidenote: If you want to log for development purposes *with* DBAL, there is a
very powerful built-in logging...

Karsten
--
Karsten Dambekalns