[TYPO3-core] SELECTquery() vs exec_SELECTquery()

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Thu Jun 1 15:17:21 CEST 2006

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> No need to urge everyone to exec_SELECTquery. It's IMHO even more stupid
> as some DBs have the idea of prepared statements, which is more in line
> with SELECTquery.

I agree with Martin. Besides, I often use SELECTquery to get query text,
then log it, then execute. exec_SELECTquery does not let me to do it easily.

As to sql_query, it should be deprecated, of course. May be it should
issue warnings all the time when it is used. I remember example from
Java. There are functions there that do not do anything but only print
error mesages (like "This function is obsolete use XXX instead"). I
think it is too extreme but not worst thing to do. All depends on the
amount of effort to support sql_query...

Dmitry.