[TYPO3-core] RFC: unzip_path in Ext.Manager

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Mon Jul 31 20:15:31 CEST 2006

Hi!

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> This is a SVN patch request.
>
> Problem:
> $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['BE']['unzip_path'] is not being used
> correctly in Ext.Manager translation handling.
I looked into install tool. It has the following entry for SYS:
============
[binSetup]
String (textarea): List of programs (separated by newline or comma). By
default programs will be searched in default paths and the special paths
defined by 'binPath'. When PHP has openbasedir enabled the programs can
not be found and have to be configured here. Example:
'perl=/usr/bin/perl,unzip=/usr/local/bin/unzip'
============

BE has its own:
============
[unzip_path]
Path to "unzip".

It is not clear from the second entry's description whether it is a
directory or file path. But given the first one, I assume it is a path
to file. So -1 from me for the sake of consistency.

Anyway, why do we have separate dedicated entry for unzip path? What
happens if path to unzip also appears in SYS/binSetup?
--
Dmitry Dulepov
ACCIO Ltd, Latvia