[TYPO3-core] RFC: css_styled_content & localization

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Mon Jul 31 13:41:29 CEST 2006

Hi!

Michael Stucki wrote:
> Meanwhile I did a search through the localization guide but didn't find any
> rules on how to reference to translated content. Both ways may happen, and
> either one or the other will not work unless you use the SQL-version of your
> patch.

My method is in line with localization guide, of course. Original patch
set uid of the content element that really appeared on the page. I am
not sure what exactly does not work for you. May be you talk about the
case when you reference non-localized version on localized page? But
this is not correct, anyway.

* * *

I did one more patch, probably the best of all three :) It does not use
query but puts uid and, if it exists, _LOCALIZED_UID. This will create
two anchors: one with uid of element in the default language, another -
with uid of element localized to current language. There will be no
anchors with uids of elements from any other language than default and
current.

> Let's discuss this again but release 4.0.1 without this change. (You could
> still fix it locally for your customers, hope that's ok.)

Well, we can postpone it. I was just surprised to find that one of
system extensions does not work well with localization while so many was
invested into localization for the past few months...

--
Dmitry Dulepov
ACCIO Ltd, Latvia