[TYPO3-core] What's missing for 4.0.1?

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Jul 28 09:24:45 CEST 2006

Michael Stucki schrieb am 27.07.2006 17:32:

> After a week of no feedback, I want to release 4.0.1.

Sounds great.

> Is there anything missing from your side?
>
> In my opinion, the compatVersion thingy which I just discovered should be
> changed. I will write a patch for this, but please be ready for testing it as
> soon as possible.

I'll take a look at it. Sebastian seems to be unavailable right now. He
would be the best to comment that, as this is his "child".

> Is there anything left? According to the bugtracker, there were no new bugs in
> RC1.

I still cannot specify TYPO3-core versions in Mantis for the projects
"Content Rendering" and "tx_cssstyledcontent". I have asked before if
someone with Mantis Admin-Access can add the "Product-Version" and
"Fixed in Version" fields in Mantis for those projects (in fact, for all
projects "under" the CORE project, which also includes: rtehtmlarea,
dbal, and versioning.

But anyway, I think there are no blockers for 4.0.1 in the content
rendering area. Nothing that cannot be fixed in 4.0.2.

> I also wonder if the typo3_src+dummy.zip package was used by anyone? Do we
> need this at all, or should it be removed again?

Haven't used it, but it might be interesting for beginners? According to
SF.net, it has been downloaded more than dummy-4.0.1-rc1.zip, if that
gives us any indication of usefulnes. :)

Cheers,
Ernesto