[TYPO3-core] Bug #2615: EM takes too much memory

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Jul 27 16:25:04 CEST 2006

Hi,

we are discussing with Chi Hoang about his patch for a EM solution that
doesn't require that much memory. I think this is a major thing that we
need to get into 4.0.2.

Reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=2615

The proposed solution stores all extension data in SQL-DB so that it can
later be retrieved much faster and without so much memory requirements.
It also needs more memory when reading the XML file, as it goes through
it chunk by chunk (using gzopen).

The current patch is still not good, see my note about it.

Please join the discussion there if you have further comments on that
matter (or if you think a totally other solution is better), as Chi is
motivated to help us, but we need to make sure that he is on the right
track. It would be sad if his work isn't honored.

As soon as we have a "small and beautiful" patch in that report, we can
bring the discussion about it here to the core list and make it pass the
usual workflow to get it into core.

Cheers,
Ernesto