[TYPO3-core] Bug 3552: Uninitialized array causes problems in PHP5

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Thu Jul 20 18:16:53 CEST 2006

Hi!

Bernhard Kraft wrote:
> I did test my version and it worked properly. But I also would prefer Ingmars
> version as I guess with my version the values get properly inserted into the
> database but NOT checked (because the problem occurs while the "checkValue"
> series of functions get's executed).
>
> I will try Ingmars patch today and report if it works - but currently I do not
> really know which "invalid" values I could try to see if checking works properly.
> As most of the values are already checked on the client side using JS - hints ?

There are several bugs there:
- delete/move controls are displayed for non-section containers => using
them confuses TCEMain/TCEForms a lot. This is the first problem. To
check: make FCE with a container, which is not in section and try
move/delete controls in Page module.
- TCEMain does not expect empty sections as "current" value at all, even
though it is perfectly valid. To check: add section element, save,
delete element, save, add once more -> error without patch.
- flexformtools do check for empty "meta" but it should be done couple
of lines earlier. To check: hard to say how, happens with TV only.
- [enhancement] getSingleField_typeFlex_draw() function accepts,
modifies and returns potentially huge array of strings. I changed that
to reference and just pass it as is. Should save a lot of memory and
some time wasted on copying arrays

I did initial patch. Since code there is complex, it may have errors. It
works for me and I would be happy if Bernhard checks this as well.

I also send it privately to two people, who reported bugs 3891, 3892 and
3893. Hopefully they will test it and provide feedback.

Patch should be applied to site's root directory (assuming you have
t3lib and typo3 in site root). Patch is done over HE... sorry, trunk ;)
but should work with TYPO3_4-0 as well.

Dmitry.