[TYPO3-core] Bug 3552: Uninitialized array causes problems in PHP5

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Thu Jul 20 10:44:07 CEST 2006

Franz Holzinger wrote:
> Or it would lead into a
> Call back function, default is checkValue_SW().
> I think a check makes only sense when there exists a current value. Or
> what should be checked otherwise by the checkValue_* functions ?

There is a difference between $dataValues and $dataValues_current.
$dataValues is the data coming in from the form that needs to be
checked, $dataValues_current is the data from the current (=old) record
from the database that must not necessarily exist.

I see no reason to stop the function from working on $dataValues in case
$dataValues_current (= the old data) is empty.

The function description explicitly says that the second argument,
$dataValues_current is optional!

Anyway, please check if my patch works, I didn't test it at all.

cheers
Ingmar