[TYPO3-core] SVN branches & stuff -- was: Re: Bug 3552: Uninitialized array causes problems in PHP5

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Thu Jul 20 10:29:12 CEST 2006

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Wolfgang Klinger schrieb:
>>  btw: what about an "experimental" branch where we commit everything we
>>  post here as patch request, so everybody simply has to svn update to
>>  get the changes to test?

Good idea. It will be much easier to test: just update from repo instead
of download-patch/apply.

> Fine, but we need to deal with possible conflicts of alternative patches.

Risk exists but we rarely have patches that change the same piece of
code. Also it is useful :) If we verify a patch on a "clean" checkout,
we would never notice such conflict.

> Do you want an experimental branch for each branch (bug fixes for 4.0)
> or only for new features (trunk).

For HEAD I think.

Dmitry.