[TYPO3-core] In case of authentication troubles

Andreas Otto ao-lists at php4win.de
Thu Jul 20 09:58:25 CEST 2006

Hi there,

in case of problems authenticating against the SF.net server the following
announcement from SF.net might help to clear things up.

( 2006-07-13 09:23:52 - Project CVS Service, Project Shell Service, Project
Subversion (SVN) Service, SourceForge.net Web Site  )   A recent kernel
exploit was released that allowed a non admin user to escalate privileges on
the host pr-shell1. We urge all users who frequent this host to change their
password immediately and check their project group space for any tampering.
As a precaution, we have blocked access to all project resources by password
until the user resets their password. After the password has been reset,
project resources should be accessible within 5 minutes.

So in one word, try to logon to SF.net at their login page [2] using your
SF.net username and password. If that fails, click on the link "Lost your
Password" [3]. Follow the instructions and wait for the confirmation eMail to
arrive.

At least this worked in my case.

[1]<http://sourceforge.net/docs/A04/>
[2]<https://sourceforge.net/account/login.php>