[TYPO3-core] BLOBs and Oracle ...again

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Mon Jul 17 15:00:37 CEST 2006

Hello Martin,

>The problem can be noticed with the index search. The crawler tries to load
>the indexer configurion (in class.crawler.php, methods crawler_init and
>processDatamap_afterDatabaseOperations) but fails because the field
>alternative_source_pid is a BLOB. I think it is just another pid value and
>should therefore be an int.

I think so, too.

'alternative_source_pid' => Array (
	'label' => 'LLL:EXT:indexed_search/locallang_db.php:index_config.alternative_source_pid',
	'config' => Array (
	'type' => 'group',
	'internal_type' => 'db',
	'allowed' => 'pages',
	'size' => 1,
	'minitems' => 0,
	'maxitems' => 1,
	)
),

similar to

'storage_pid' => Array (
	'exclude' => 1,
	'label' => 'LLL:EXT:lang/locallang_tca.php:storage_pid',
	'config' => Array (
		'type' => 'group',
		'internal_type' => 'db',
		'allowed' => 'pages',
		'size' => '1',
		'maxitems' => '1',
		'minitems' => '0',
		'show_thumbs' => '1'
	)
),

which is

  storage_pid int(11) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,

>				alternative_source_pid='.
>$GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->fullQuoteStr($currentRecord['pid'],'index_config').'
>			)
>It may be possible to use a BLOB in WHERE with the proper SQL casting etc,
>but it I really think we should simply change this column definition. I see
>no reason in usung a BLOB here. *
>
>I am for changing this column right now (4.0.x)

+1

>and getting rid of all
>other BLOBs in 4.1 that contain no real binary data. **

which ones ?

- Franz