[TYPO3-core] RFC: fix bug #3600 - config.formMailCharset

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Sat Jul 1 17:33:12 CEST 2006

Hello Martin,

> Part 2:
> To make the setting really work it is necessary to convert the charset
> from the form into the desired mail charset. The patch does this. Note
> that renderCharset is used because TYPO3 (see index_ts) does
> automatically convert the sent data (metaCharset) into the internal
> charset (renderCharset).
>
> Testing:
>
> Set up a FORM or form content element and set config.formMailCharset
> to any desired charset.
>

> $this->from_email = ($V['from_email']) ? $V['from_email'] :
> (($V['email'])?$V['email']:'');

> $this->replyto_email = ($V['replyto_email']) ? $V['replyto_email'] :
> $this->from_email;

Nearly everything is converted with the charset. Why not the emails too?
Domain names with Umlaute like günstig.de are possible in Germany.

I suggest to build a loop around a copy of the $V array and convert the
charset for it. Then use the $V array as normal, so most of the code
could remain unchanged.

Greets,

Franz