[TYPO3-core] Bugfix #2396

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Tue Jan 31 04:57:24 CET 2006

Grüzi,

This is a CVS patch request.

Type: Bugfix

Branches: TYPO3_4-0

BT Reference:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=2396

Problem:
Another charset issue. The values rendered in a "dual select box" (where you select items in the
right box and they move to the left) get passed through $LANG->sL .... this is ok when the items
come from $TCAfield['conf']['items'] but not when they are fetched from the DB. In the DB they are
already stored in the correct charset (the same as used by the BE-User) and currently they get converted
from iso-8859-1 to utf-8 even they are already in utf-8 in the database (so a utf-8 value get's interpreted
as iso-8859-1)

Solution:
Don't pass the label trough sL in t3lib_tceforms but rather in the previou t3lib_transferdata which knows
about where the value comes from and if it should get converted.

Files:
bug_2396_2006-01-30.diff

PS: I also fixed two other issues which I came across. these are the 2nd and 4th parts in the diff.
2nd: the value get's exploded and keys 0 and 1 get used ... it should only get exploded into 2 pieces
4th: t3lib_transferdata has it's own local wrapper for $LANG-sL ... use this one instead.

greets,
Bernhard