[TYPO3-core] The xhtmlDoctype patch again

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Sun Jan 29 20:42:20 CET 2006

Hi Martin,

> My last patch (a while ago) that introduced config.xhtmlDoctype was never
> finished in the sense that it was used anywhere in TYPO3.
>
> Now this patch changes tslib_content and tslib_menu to use it. To make it
> work the former patch had to be rewritten:
>
> $TSFE->xhtmlDoctype has to be set in pagegenInit() and not in
> renderContentWithHeader() to be of any use. The diff looks a bit odd, but
> what happens is that the initialization takes place in pagegenInit(). In
> renderContentWithHeader() only the HTML attribute part remains.
>
> Sorry for any inconveniences.

I didn't test how your patch works, just had a quick look at it:

+                       // Setting XHTML-doctype from doctype
+               if (!$GLOBALS['TSFE']->config['config']['xhtmlDoctype'])
{
+                       $GLOBALS['TSFE']->config['config']['xhtmlDoctype'] =
$GLOBALS['TSFE']->config['config']['doctype'];

Shouldn't this be set in TSFE directly, right when the values are processed?

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out