[TYPO3-core] Another patch request for t3lib_htmlmail

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Fri Jan 27 12:47:00 CET 2006

Michael Stucki <michael at typo3.org> writes on
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 12:38:00 +0100 (MET):

> Hi Martin,
>

> > I have posted it on dev a long time ago. It has to do with the
> > server OS
> > and Outlook2003:
> >
> > By definition you have to use local linefeed when you subit mails
> > via
> > sendmail (or Postfix) which is \n on Unix and used by mail() on
> > Unix. But
> > you have to use Internet line feed (always \r\n) when talking to a
> > SMTP server directly which is what happens with mail() on Windows.
> >
> > For some unknown reason Outlook2003 garbles the mail when you do it
> > not as
> > described. I think other clients simple ignore the extra linefeeds
> > the unpatched TYPO3 produces, but Outlook2003 doesn't.
>
> Ah, this makes sense. Just one thing:
> I think it is also possible to use the SMTP functions instead of
> sendmail on
> Unix(?) So in that case, I think the check should not test for
> TYPO3_OS==WIN but simply if that feature is enabled.

How?

http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.mail.php

As I read the docs it's not possible to use SMTP on Unix. But it is possible to use sendmail on Windows. But it in this case the local line feed is also \r\n. So this should be fine as well, but I have never run PHP with Sendmail on a Windows machine.

Masi