[TYPO3-core] RFC: Index local files when a download script is used

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at blackbox.net
Fri Jan 27 10:15:41 CET 2006

Michael Stucki <michael at typo3.org> writes on
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 10:09:10 +0100 (MET):

> This is a CVS patch request.
>
> Problem:
> I want to be able to use a download script but the target files should
> still
> be indexed. indexed_search is basically ready for this but there is no
> way to use this feature.
>
> Solution:
> Add a global array that holds the shortMD5-sum of a URL as key and the
> local path of the file as its value. Indexed search will find it and
> index that file instead of the original URL.

Looks good to me (though I hav no idea how $linkInfo is set).

But why use shortMD5? IMHO those shortened hashes are a bad idea. The complete hash is supposed to be quasi-unique, truncating it doesn't help.

> Comments:
> I am not sure if this has to be documented anywhere...(?)

It should be in the docs of indexed search. But the docs are horrible outdated and currently offer no real information for users and developers.

Masi