[TYPO3-core] Patch: Fix Timezone date problems

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Thu Jan 26 14:25:50 CET 2006

Michael Stucki wrote:
> This is still not fixed. Bernhard, can you please ask for any details if you
> need them?

As i wrote in the last mail of this thread i had some suggestion how to solve
the problem with inputing dates.

It needs to get somewhere stated that currently if I input a date I always have to input the point
of time I am meaning expressed in the local (browsers) timezone.

I would modify the patch in such a way that you have the possibility to set the eval-string not
only to date and datetime but also to "serverdate" and "serverdatetime" meaning that you input
this field in(expressed in) the timezone of the server.

Further I would like to add a eval option "zonedatetime" allowing me to input a datetime with a
Timezone selector box next to it ...

I think I can manage to get this done tomorrow or on Saturday in the train during my ride to Fiesch :)

I know that it won't get into beta3 if it get's finished tomorrow evening.

But I rather work on the GIFBUILDER 256color problem (changing it in such a way that jpegs get generated
truecolor all the time but PNG's only on install tool setting). This will get finished today in the early
evening.

greets,
Bernhard