[TYPO3-core] Another patch request for t3lib_htmlmail

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Thu Jan 26 14:03:26 CET 2006

Hi Stanislas,

>> 4. Line breaks: You are distincting between Windows servers where the
>> linebreak is \r\n and all others that use \n. Are you sure this is a
>> problem? Afaik, all systems are fine with the \n linebreak.
>
> This is a fix that was submitted to me by Masi and tested for many
> months with sr_direct_mail_ext. It corrects problems experienced in a
> combination of Postfix and Outlook2003. Only after applying this fix did
> I stop receiving complaints about quoted-printable direct mails.

I don't get the relation of Postfix (server-side) and Outlook2003 (client
side). Since you check if the server OS is Windows, what has Outlook2003
todo with it?

What happens if the server OS is Unix but the client is still Outlook2003?

>> 5. I agree with Jan-Erik that the quoted_printable function should stay
>> in t3lib_div only.
>>
>> May I ask you to wait with that change
>> and look at my next mail which is touching the same things. (Though I
>> have to check if it does the same like your fixed quoted_printable()
>> function.)
>
> If you want to include the fix to the quoted_printable function in
> t3lib_div in your patch, this is fine with me. However, I think it is
> safer to also apply the correct linebreaks in the headers generated by
> t3lib_htmlmail. Will you do that too?

I'm still not convinced of your argumentation but I will follow the further
discussion and add it if it is really needed.

About the quoted_printable patch: Can you tell me what you changed inside?
The patch replaces the whole function completely...

Regards, michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out