[TYPO3-core] RFC: RC1 + Feature Freeze

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Jan 24 15:31:06 CET 2006

Hi Karsten & Co.

> On Tuesday 24 January 2006 12:55, Michael Stucki wrote:
>> My suggestion is the move the release date to Friday OR wait until
>> t3board is over. This however needs approval by the R&D committee which I
>> have asked already.
>>
>> René Fritz additionally suggested to release a Beta3 because of many new
>> features which he thinks should be tested first.
>
> I'd like to see a third beta friday, everyone goes crazy testing during
> the tour (well, only all those not being in Fiesch, of course :) and we
> release RC1 after the tour, ASAP.

Short sum-up:

I have asked Sabina from the press department if postponing the release is a
problem for her. She said not and therefore we will go that way.

This is the new timeline:

January 27
Release TYPO3 4.0beta3

February 7 (after T3BOARD06)
Feature freeze
Release 4.0 RC1
1-2 weeks for testing

February 16 or 21 (I prefer 16 because I hope the delay remains short)
Maybe: TYPO3 4.0 Final
Otherwise: 4.0 RC2
If another RC is needed, each one will add 1 more week for additional tests.

@Sebastian: Can you please communicate that via news.typo3.org? (BTW I don't
think that all such small news need to become a typo3.org frontend-item)

Regards, michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out