[TYPO3-core] RFC: RC1 + Feature Freeze

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Jan 24 12:55:29 CET 2006

Hi all,

we originally planned to release 4.0rc1 today. However, this will most likely
not happen because there are too many open tasks.

Personally I still have a huge list of things that I want to do before 4.0 but
had not much time for them yet, and I think the same applies to some of you,
too.

My suggestion is the move the release date to Friday OR wait until t3board is
over. This however needs approval by the R&D committee which I have asked
already.

René Fritz additionally suggested to release a Beta3 because of many new
features which he thinks should be tested first.

What do you prefer?

Regards, michael