[TYPO3-core] Bugfix #760 GIFBUILDER 256 colors

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Fri Jan 20 01:49:55 CET 2006

Hello,

This is a CVS patch request.

Type: Bugfix

Branches: TYPO3_4-0

BT Reference:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=760

Problem:
When creating Texts or resizing image using the GIFBUILDER and you have colorful (>30000 colors)
images as background they get grainy because they get reduced to 256 colors.

Solution:
As you can't just increase the size of all images by almost 100% or more without any notice I made
this option configurable in the Install Tool also ([GFX][truecolor]). Internal all operations are
truecolor now if GD2 is available but they get reduced to 256 colors if truecolor was not enabled
before they get written.

The patch also create a wrapper ImageWrite for ImageGif so all types of images can get written like
using the method imageCreateFromFile (the read pendant)

I and Michael discussed long about this patch and I invested almost full a full week 8h/d on the patch

I tested it with GM 1.1.6 and IM 4.2.9 (both from sunsite.dk) and GDLib2 with and without truecolor
enabled (couldn't get a GDLib1 from anywhere anymore :(

Most of the code has proven to be stable and to work by the extension "kb_allcolors" which implements
the patch as XCLASSes.
Only small patches had to get made.

greets,
Bernhard
"Freiheit ist immer auch die Freiheit des Andersdenkenden"
Rosa Luxemburg, 1871 - 1919