[TYPO3-core] RFC: Integration of cron_cssstyledimgtext into the core

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Fri Jan 20 00:32:39 CET 2006

Hi Sebastian,

> We (Ernesto, Michael and me) have discussed some issues with this patch
> via private email, and as it is in german, I don't think attaching it
> here makes too much sense, because of the non-german speakers.
> No backwards compatibility is touched, all features are activated with
> the compat_version.

Exactly.

> Michael - when you have looked over the patch it would be just awesome
> if you could patch it and put it into BETA2.

Initially I first wanted to wait for Kaspers feedback here, but since he seems
to be away and since we have the chance to have this tested by a lot of users
now, I will commit the change right next.

However, I also have some comments which we should discuss:

- captionStdWrap: Why is this needed? caption has stdWrap properties already
  (and stdWrap has the ".stdWrap" subproperty...)

- somewhere in setup.txt there is a condition: [compatVersion = 3.9.0]
  => I changed this to ">=" but maybe the number should be set to 4.0.0?

- Documentation: As far as I can see, there are a number of new properties. I
  will keep this patch for later analyzation to see what needs to be
  documented...

> Just noticed it - VERY IMPORTANT: Michael, could you modify
> sysext/css_styled_content/ext_localconf.php - there the note for the
> update wizard is configured. Please add a new "<li>" where you say that
> the rendering of images has changed, as cron_cssstyledimgtext has been
> included in the core. Thanks a lot!

Ingmar just offered to do that for me. Thanks!

> I'm tired now, I hope you are allright.
>
> Thanks for all the energy you put into TYPO3, you are the best!

Thanks, I usually hear this from my girl-friend only ;-)

I'm glad to be part of such a great team. However, I must say that my energy
doesn't suffice for one more such day. But it was great what we all did
today, thank you all!

Regards, michael