[TYPO3-core] Patch: tslib_pagegen / clone()

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Thu Jan 19 17:16:59 CET 2006

Hi Peter,

> Do you have a link or some kind of help to offer to assist on avoiding
> "not UTF-8 conform  patches/CVS submits"?

I can't tell you how to prevent your editor from making such problems, but I
can tell you how to find out! :-)

In my CVS directory, I have two subdirectories: TYPO3core and TYPO3core.bak

TYPO3core.bak is always the latest version which I checked after fetching it
from CVS.

So before committing some changes, I commit everything in TYPO3core and make
a diff with TYPO3core.bak:

diff -Nru -x CVS TYPO3core.bak/ TYPO3core/ > mychanges.diff

Then I open the file in an old-style editor (I'm using mcedit on the command
line) and simply scroll it down to see that everything is like it should
be.

After I have committed my changes, I drop TYPO3core.bak and make a new copy
from TYPO3core.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out