[TYPO3-core] RFC: PHP4 <> PHP5

René Fritz rene at typo3.org
Thu Jan 19 12:56:42 CET 2006

I want to discuss a topic which is related to a bugfix I want to submit.
That's why I do it here.

But it is also related to PHP5/4 differences and missing functions.

In tslib_pagegen a *copy* of an object is needed. In PHP5 objects are passed
by reference. Therefore a copy has to be made with clone(). Otherwise it
forces a bug.

In my eyes the cleanest solution would be to use clone() and provide a PHP4
version for clone. I hope you agree here.

The next question is where to put that and what else.

I suggest to create t3lib/compat.php which is included in config_default.php.
In compat.php functions are placed that makes sense because of compatibility.

Another solution can be to include/adopt the pear package that provide many
functions - but too much I think.

Opinions?

René

--